Excellent Nippy Mexican Bowl
- Preheat oven to 180⁰
- In large saucepan, over medium to high heat, sauté your onions and garlic in the oil for 4 to 6 minutes until translucent.
- Add in your Excellent Nippy sausage and allow to brown while occasionally stirring for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the salt, smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper and cayenne pepper and allow infusing for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once spices have infused and the aroma is in the air, add in the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- While the nippy sauce simmers, place your roti between two 10 to 15cm metal bowls and place one by one into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes – until the roti is crisp and holds the structure of a bowl.
- Once all is complete, serve the nippy sauce in the roti bowl and garnish with fresh dhanya, corn kernels and red onion.
- 1kg Excellent Meat Nippy Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbls / 15ml Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbls / 15ml Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbls / 15ml Cumin, ground
- 1 tsp / 5ml Black pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp / 5ml Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 75g Tomato Paste (available at Excellent Meat Market stores)
- 3 cups / 750ml Beef stock
- 1 pkt Garlic Baby Potatoes (available at Excellent Meat Market stores)
- 1 can Koo Baked Beans, drained (available at Excellent Meat Market stores)
- 1 pkt Rotis (available at Excellent Meat Market stores)
- Fresh Dhanya
- ½ pkt Yellow Corn Kernels
- ½ Red onion, thin slices