Excellent Mutton Comfort Bowl
- Sauté your onions and celery in 1 tbls of Olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium to high heat.
- Once onions are translucent and slightly golden, coat the mutton pieces in a mixture of flour, salt and paprika.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and the coated mutton pieces and garlic into the pot and brown while occasionally turning for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the meat has browned, add in the stock and allow to simmer with a slanted lid for 1 hour.
- Add in your carrots, potatoes, rosemary and thyme into the pot and allow to simmer for an additional 30 to 40 minutes – during this stage of simmering small amounts of water may be added if pot starts to run out.
- Cut a 2cm lid from the top of the bread. Ensure the cut is even across the top of the bread.
- Using a tablespoon, scrape out the deliciously doughy insides of the bread and ensure that there is still a 1 to 2cm boarder around the inner walls of the loaf.
- Decant the thick and glossy mutton sauce into the loaf and serve.
- 1kg Excellent Mutton Stew pack
- 2 tbls / 30ml Olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tbls / 15ml Paprika
- 1 tsp / 5ml Salt
- ¼ cup / 60ml Flour
- 1 tbls / 15ml Garlic, crushed
- 1L Chicken stock
- 4 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Sprig rosemary & thyme
- 1 Storeboard Sourdough bread (or any round bread but sourdough has a great flavour)