Excellent Masala Steak Mince Pot Pie
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰
- In large saucepan, over medium to high heat, sauté your onions in the oil for 4 to 6 minutes until translucent.
- Add in your Garlic, Ginger and Chilli paste and Excellent Steak Mince and allow to brown while occasionally stirring for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in the garam masala and allow this to infuse with the meat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- In order to start simmering, add in the tomato paste, sugar, green pepper, potatoes and beef stock into the pot and allow to simmer for 45 minutes with the lid on.
- While the mixture simmers, cut puff pastry circles (1cm bigger than your desired pot pie bowl) out of your pastry and egg wash. Place the circle into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes into golden brown and puffy.
- Once the mince mixture has simmered for 45 minutes, mix together the water, corn flour and salt until a paste is formed. Add the paste into the mince mixture and stir for 4 to 6 minutes until the sauce has thicken.
- To serve, place generous portions of the masala steak mince mixture into 4 separate bowls/ramekins and then top with the puff pastry.
- 2 tbls / 30ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tbls / 30ml Garlic, Ginger and Chilli paste
- 800g Excellent Steak Mince (90% Lean)
- 3 tbl / 45ml Garam masala
- 15g Tomato paste
- 1 tbls sugar
- 1 Green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups / 500ml Beef stock
- ½ cup / 125ml Water
- 2 tbls / 30ml Corn flour
- 2 tsp / 10ml Salt
- HM Foods Puff Pastry – available at your local Excellent Meat Market
Optional: Egg wash