Excellent Spatchcock Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 140⁰C
- Place the lemon halves and cloves into a roasted dish and then place the chicken on top of lemon and garlic.
- Place the chicken into the oven and allow to slow roast for 2 hours.
- 15 minutes before the chicken is removed, the oven temperature must be changed to 200C to ensure that the chicken is golden brown and crispy.
Cheesy garlic bruschetta:
- Once the chicken is removed from the oven, remove the roast garlic from the roasting dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the French loaf slices with the Italian herbs and olive oil.
- Smear the roasted garlic on the top side of each of the slices and top with the mozzarella.
- Optional: Place the slices on a roasting tray and then into the oven under the grill for 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese has melted with some golden crust.
To serve: Plate the roasted chicken with the roasted lemon and cheesy garlic bruschetta and serve.