Preheat your oven to 220C.
Put the onion and olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the onions at a low temperature for about 3 minutes, until softened but not browned.
Turn the heat up and add the Excellent Lean Steak Mince (90% Lean). Fry until browned.
Turn the heat down, then add the garlic, chilli and spices and cook for 1 more minute.
Add the kidney beans, 150ml of the Arrabbiatta sauce, all the oregano and some salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer, then add 2 tablespoons of the fresh coriander.
Turn off the heat and place 1/8th of the filling inside each roti and roll the roti round the filling. Place the filled roti side by side in a roasting dish with the ends facing downwards.
Pour over the remaining Arrabbiatta sauce and scatter with all the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes until the tortillas are a little crispy on the edges and the cheese is brown and bubbling.
Remove from the oven and scatter with the remaining 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander. Serve at the table with a green salad and all your Mexican sides!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 500 g Excellent Lean Steak Mince (90% Lean)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or grated
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (or to taste, or use fresh chilli)
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground or whole – up to you!)
- 200 g tin kidney beans
- 1 jar Arrabbiatta sauce (available at Excellent Meat Market)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Pack of My Roti (available at Excellent Meat Market)
- 100 g cheddar cheese grated (available at Excellent Meat Market)