Excellent Braaied Lamb Chops with Crispy Onion, Beetroot and Herb Sour Cream Sauce
- Soak the onion slices in milk for 45 minutes to an hour.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour and seasoning. Batch by batch, remove the onion from the milk and dredge in the seasoned flour.
- Place the batches of onion into a medium to high heat pot of oil (or deep-fryer) until golden (around 3 minutes). Remove and allow to drain before plating.
- Mix together soya sauce, golden syrup, orange juice, chilli, garlic and ginger until combined.
- Place the Excellent lamb chops in the soya mixture for 20 to 30 minutes before braaing.
- Braai the chops on heat to high heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side, while basting in between.
- Lastly, mix together the sour cream, milk, paprika, salt and herbs for the sauce and get ready to plate.
- To serve, place the crispy onion rings and beetroot around your plate. Add the lamb chops on top and then dollop the sour cream sauce around the plate.
For your onions:
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 ½ cup / 375ml Milk (full cream or low fat)
- 1 cup / 250ml Cake flour
- 1tsp / 5ml Texan seasoning
- Oil to fry
For your Excellent Lamb chops (Class A):
- ½ cup / 125ml Soya sauce
- ¼ cup / 60ml Golden syrup
- ¼ cup / 60ml Orange juice
- 1 Chilli
- 1 tbls / 15ml Garlic, crushed
- 1tsp / 5ml Ginger
- 1 pkt Excellent Meat Lamb chops (Class A)
For your sour cream herb sauce:
- 250ml Sour cream
- 60ml Milk
- 1 tsp / 5ml Lemon juice
- ½ tsp / 2.5ml Paprika
- ½ tsp / 2.5ml Salt
- 1 bunch Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Chives, finely chopped
- 300g Beetroot, roasted and sliced