Excellent Bobotie Spring Rolls
- Remove sausage filling from the casing and place into a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the garlic, tomato paste, chutney, curry powder, roasted masala, turmeric, chilli and fresh dhania. Mix for 2 to 3 minutes until combined.
- To assemble: brush the top side of the spring roll pastry with the beaten egg. Place one tablespoon of bobotie mix across the short edge of the pastry and then fold over 1cm of the long edges inward. Roll the pastry tightly from the filling side to the other end in order to create the spring roll. Ensure the egg has created a seal.
- Deep fry at 180⁰C for 5 to 6 minutes – until golden brown and then serve.
- Serve with your favourite chutney as a dipping sauce and enjoy.
- 1kg Excellent Nippy Sausage
- 1 tbls / 15ml Garlic, crushed
- 2 tbls / 30ml Tomato paste
- ¼ cup / 60ml Apricot Chutney
- 1 tbls / 15ml Spice Mecca curry powder (medium)
- 1 tbls / 15ml Spice Mecca roasted Masala
- 1 tbls / 15ml Spice Mecca Tumeric
- 1 Red chilli, chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Dhania/Coriander, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1pkt Spring roll pastry